- The "weapons of mass destruction" lie that got us into Iraq.
- The illegal wiretapping of phone traffic unrelated to terrorist activity by the NSA.
- The repudiation of the Geneva Convention in relation to suspected terrorists.
- The "rendition" and torture of suspected terrorists in foreign countries.
- The outing of Valerie Plame at the CIA.
- The firing of US Attorneys in an attempt to pack the Justice system in this country with their own Republican conservatives.
- Slipping provisions into the "Patriot" Act to allow them to bypass Congressional approval of US Attorneys.
- The coverup of the Tillman friendly-fire incident.
- The conditions at Walter Reed.
- New allegations that a White House aide held meetings with government employees telling them how they could "help" the Republicans win in '08 (in direct violation of the Hatch Act).
- The refusal to allow Rove and Meirs to testify under oath and on the record, in public.
- The dodging of questions, out right lies, and evasions of most of the administration on all the topics above.
And now Bush is threatening to veto the bill that would fund the current troops because he won't submit to Congressional oversight--and he's blaming the lack of funds on the Democrats? Huh?
Am I just imagining things, or didn't Bush take an oath to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America?" Why, then, does it seem that in the last six years he and his cronies have done nothing but rip the Constitution and Bill of Rights to shreds? It seems to me that he's done more to hurt this country (both here and in the eyes of the world) than anyone except the terrorists of 9/11.
Just who do these people think they are? What kind of America are they trying to create? This looks like an attempt to subvert our government BY THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT IT!
I hope the Republican party isn't going to be surprised when they also lose in 2008. The American public isn't stupid, and we have a long memory. It will be a cold day in Hell before we elect another one like Bush, I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the Congress winds up impeaching him before this is all over.
Stay tuned, folks. I have a feeling it's going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.