Friday, November 13, 2009

Beyond the rim of starlight...

The U.S.S. Enterprise sails though the stars once more! Finished the model last night, and I'm happy with the results. Given all the mishaps during the building process, it turned out rather well. See what you think.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recovering from disaster (again)

After the last mishap, breaking the fuselage, was fixed, I managed to screw up again! Not having applied decals in a while, I managed to rip the ones on the fuselage pretty badly. I thought I would just live with it but decided I couldn't.
So I tried removing them so I could use the stickers in the kit. But the decals were dry and weren't going anywhere. Finally I gave in and painted over them.
Then I realized I had used the wrong set of decals in the first place!



So here is the starboard side with the correct decals gently applied. Oo-rah!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Damage (And Disaster) Avverted!

As you can see, I was able to keep the broken fuselage from ruining the model. Model Master Light Gray was able to hide the seam where I repaired the break.


All that remains is applying the decals, a clear coat, and mounting on the base.



I have the Klingon ship to work on next. Of course it doesn't use any of the same paint colors!!
-- Posted from my iPhone