New Mac Mini!!!


OK, I've posted here as I change (read "upgrade") to newer Macs. This is the icing on the cake, though. New Mac Mini. Say it to yourself 3 times, slowly, sensuously. 2.0 ghz Core 2 Duo. 5 USB ports (I know!). Firewire 800. Superdrive. Mini DVI and Mini Display ports. All in a 2 inch x 6.5 inch x 6.5 inch box of love. Ooooooh.

Hate me yet? That's OK. I have the Mini, and you have your hate. Which of us is better off?

Seriously, this is one fine Mac. It's smaller than the original Mac, smaller than the G4 Cube. Whisper quiet (which I appreciate SO much after the wind tunnel that was the PM G4 MDD). I named this Mac Uniblab, after the robot on the Jetsons. My error sound is Uniblab saying "Back to work, back to work. Everyone work work work."

I really love the new iPhoto, with the face recognition. It's not perfect, but it does a good job of guessing who someone is. Bought iWork too, and an extra GB of memory, so the thing runs like the dickens. I really am happy with it and expect it will last me a good 5-10 years. Then I'll get whatever is hot then!

Comments

Popular Posts