Man Handler, codes, and AppleScript Studio

Wow. It finally happened. I wrote a program (Man Handler) that actually needed to have a creator code issued by Apple. I got the confirmation this afternoon and I'm giddy as a school kid.

It really feels like cheating, ya know. AppleScript Studio makes writing programs so darned easy that it feels like cheating on your math exam. Man Handler required all of 23 lines of code, yet it has fully functional menus, opens and closes (and saves) documents, and is in all ways a full-featured program. 23 lines of code.

So why am I telling you this? Because I want to get it known that AS Studio is that easy to use. It will become to the Mac what Visual Basic was to Windows, only easier.

If you have even a passing interest in writing software for the Mac, I strongly urge you to load the XCode tools and try writing something. It's easy. It's so easy, in fact, that it is fun, not work. If you don't believe me, ask Andy Ihnatko.

Comments

Popular Posts