A Birth and a Death

Well, well, well. "'The time has come', the Walrus said..." I can tell you now, Dear Reader, that unbeknownst to you, while you were going about your daily affairs, my buddy Ray Barber (of MacScripter fame) and I have been laboring day (Ray) and nite (me) to bring you GeekSuit!

What, you may ask, is GeekSuit? It's our new website, chock full of free- and shareware. For you, Dear Reader, we did it just for you. It went live last nite about 11pm and there's no looking back now.

I have to confess, though...A bit of sadness, as well. Nitewing '98's AppleScript Hideout served me well, lo these many months, and it is with a bittersweet taste in my mouth that I uploaded the redirect pages that will bring it down, forwarding visitors to the new site. Alas, poor Nitewing, I knew him...

Nitewing isn't dead, of course, I'll continue to write software as Nitewing '98, but with the Hideout gone, it won't be the same. The Hideout saw the publication of Romulan Hunt , the program that really started it all. But time marches in only one direction, and it seems inevitable that things and people get left behind you, no matter who you are.

I'm working on an invoice program, hopefully it will be done in the next week or so, and it will be published at GeekSuit, not the Hideout. Don't get me wrong, GeekSuit is lovely, shiny and new, with the possibility of new horizons. But I had grown fond of the Hideout, sort of my Batcave, my Frankenstein's laboratory, where I cooked up all sorts of wild ideas.

It's sort of the same feeling you have at your high school graduation. You always say you'll keep in touch, and you mean it, but you never do, and one day you turn around and those people are gone from your life forever.

The Hideout is dead. Long Live GeekSuit!

Comments

Popular Posts