I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!

I've had it. The President's veto of the SCHIP bill is cruel. And the Christian/Conservative Right's attack on a 12 year old and his family, simply for speaking up for the bill, are reprehensible. If you're as mad as I am, I strongly urge you to write to your Senators and Representative, as well as Speaker Pelosi. Below is the text I sent tonight, feel free to use it or write your own. But do take the time to write them - they aren't mind-readers and if you want them to do things your way, you've got to tell them what's on your mind.


As one of your constituents, I strongly urge you to do everything in your power to override the President's veto of the SCHIP program. Not only would I like to see you overturn the SCHIP veto, I would also urge you not to give in to his demands for expanded intelligence-gathering powers.

Like many Americans, I'm tired of Pres. Bush setting the tone and agenda for the country. He has trashed our Constitution enough. In fact, I would take it as a personal favor if you made it a point to not give him ANYTHING he wants. It's time that he realized that you don't work for him, you work for us.

While I realize that Democrats may not be able to raise enough support among Republicans to overturn a Presidential veto, you DO have enough support to blockade any initiative of the President's for as long as it takes to make a point. Please do not "knuckle under" to his pressure.

Thank you for listening.

Sincerely,
I won't give up another right, another freedom.  I won't stand idly by as the Right goes after a 12 year old when they chastised Move On for insulting a General (and I'm sorry, he was and still is fair game).  And I won't sit still while the President denies health care to kids in order to fund his war in Iraq.  That's what he's doing, you know.  

Comments

Popular Posts