The Final Frontier

Of late I'm not so into programming. Not sure why this is so, but rather than drive myself crazy trying to code something I'm not into, I've decided to do some other things. For example, I recently bought a small MIDI controller keyboard to play with Garageband. Nothing worth sharing yet, but you never know.
Another thing that I've "resurrected" from my past is model-building. I used to really enjoy that when I was a kid and teenager. Here's an example of a previous endeavor, the Spirit of St. Louis:
So today while at Hobby Lobby for some lights for my pumpkin, I checked out their model section and was surprised to find kits of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the original Star Trek series. On further inspection, I realized that the kit could be used to construct several different versions of the ship, including the ship from the first pilot "The Menangerie," the second pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before," and the one used for the rest of the series. Parts and decals are included to also create the I.S.S. Enterprise from the mirror universe in "Mirror, Mirror." They also included decals for the U.S.S. Constitution, U.S.S. Exeter, and the U.S.S. Defiant. So with one kit you can actually make seven different versions of the ship!
Here's the box detail:

Here's some detail from the instructions illustrating the different versions of the ship:



And here's all the parts. They included stickers and decals, so little kids who aren't good at decals and use the stickers
.
I'll try to use my camera to track my progress building the model and post updates here as I go.

Comments

Popular Posts