Newness all around!

OK, I tried doing my own blog with an HTML editor, and it was such a pain, I decided to come over here and create a new blog. I ported the posts from the original blog (see below), but from here on out I'll be posting here. Feel free to post comments, I love to hear from visitors and folks that download my programs. The last time I got email about Man Handler it helped me improve it!

Uploaded a set of scripts today called SHAZAM! that are good scripts for beginning scripters.

Just finished reading What the Dormouse Said: How the 60s Counterculture Shaped the Personal Computer by John Markoff. Great book, really explains how the whole idea of personal computing grew out of the grassroots movements/attitudes of the 60's. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand how computers got where they are.

Douglas Englebart gave a demonstration in 1968 where he envisioned the office of the future with email, networking, and a lot of other things that now seem commonplace. The book also touches on The Whole Earth Catalog, Dr. Dobbs' Journal, Cap'n Crunch and blue boxes, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, and other things.

Comments

Popular Posts