There's "Your Mac Life" and then there's mine...

Got a letter from Shawn King at "Your Mac Life" on Saturday. I had written the only email address I could find to tell someone that I had trouble getting an account set up on their site. Imagine my surprise when he answered me himself! I really enjoy the show and have it delivered via iTunes as a free podcast every week. I frequently listen to the show while I'm coding, reading my mail, etc.

Anyway, he got my account up and working so I can read & write in the forums there. Despite the small amount of success I've had with my Mac applications and scripts, I guess I'm still a bit star-struck when I have contact with those I consider part of the "digerati."

I wrote him back after he fixed my account and told him that his email went into my "unique" folder, a folder I reserve for emails like his, the one I got from Guy Kawasaki in response to a comment I made on his blog, and the email from MacUpdate (the one that started me really programming seriously again) informing me that they had added Romulan Hunt to their database.

He was really cool about it, and I'm glad. It's nice when you find out that folks that are well-known (which, I believe, is somewhere short of "famous" but more than "ordinary") are still people and put their pants on one leg at a time just like you do.

Able's had to take a back-seat for a while, as I have some other projects I'm working on, including a revision of Man Handler (yes, another one) to add the ability to find man pages easier using sections and listings. Haven't tackled this yet, but will soon.

Another project I'm stewing on is a set of AppleScripts that would help in writing HTML and stylesheet pages. Big project, still in the thinking stage.

Comments

Popular Posts